What is the Child Development Grant?

If you’re pursuing a child development permit, plan to work at a licensed children’s center and have financial need, you may be eligible for a Child Development Grant of $1,000 (California Community Colleges) or $2,000 (four-year colleges) a year, up to $6,000. In return, you must be employed full time at a licensed children’s center in California for one year for each year of grant assistance. Grants will be automatically renewed for one year, but you’ll need to reapply after that to continue receiving your award. To apply, you must submit the FAFSA and the Child Development Grant application form, available online or by calling toll free 888.224.7268. Applications are due by June 1; those received after that will be evaluated on a first-come, first-served basis.