1. How do I get a leave of absence from the Cal Grant program?

If youíre not enrolled at least half time for any term, you must request a leave of absence from the Cal Grant program. You are allotted a maximum of 4 semesters/6 quarters (200%) of leave of absence throughout the lifetime of your Cal Grant award. Extensions may be granted for extenuating circumstances for students that submit a Cal Grant Appeal.

You can view your leave of absence remaining balance and request leave of absences by logging into your www.webGrants4students.org account. In addition, you may ask your school to report a leave of absence on your behalf. Keep in mind that itís your responsibility to make sure that the Commission has been informed of your leave.

If youíre on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or Coast Guard, you may have your Cal Grant deferred for up to three years. Simply fill out a Deferment Request Form or write to:

Our Mailing Address

California Student Aid Commission
Attn: Active Duty Deferment Processing
P.O. Box 419026
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9026