Chafee Grant for Foster Youth
Chafee Foster Youth Program Webinar
Chafee Youth Grant Program Webinar
2016-2017 Academic Year Update
- As noted in GOM 2015-41, for the 2016-17 academic year and going forward institutions will no longer submit Need Analysis Report (NAR) information in WebGrants or by paper.
- Information contained within the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA) and cost of attendance information will replace the NAR process to determine the studentís unmet financial need.
- The Commission anticipates running the initial award cycle in July of 2016, which will provide students with a preliminary award.
- The new process eliminates the NAR, and allows institutions to confirm and validate the preliminary Chafee Grant Award, will be available to institutions in August 2016.
- The Commission plans to introduce and provide training on the new process that eliminates the NAR in the months of June, July, and August 2016, through a series of GOMs and webinars.
- The Commission will continue to receive the paper NAR for the 2015-16 academic year until September 30, 2016.
Chafee Foster Youth Program
Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting applications and forms for current or former foster youth who wish to participate in the California Chafee Grant for Foster Youth (Chafee) program.Chafee Coordinator's GuideFoster Care Eligibility FormStudent ApplicationStudent Update/Change Form